Happy New Year to all! We all know it’s customary to make resolutions for the New Year. I checked around and here are some resolutions from around the world.
- Here’s my favorite: 10 New Year’s resolutions for geeks from Wired, including keeping an open mind about the new Star Trek movie.
- Jenny Cruise resolves not to do a bunch of stuff.
- About.com’s Albrecht Powell has compiled a list of the most common resolutions. Yeah, yeah, we all know that we need to get in better shape, do more for others, learn something new, yada, yada.
- Veronika from Prague wants to brush her teeth every night even when she’s tired.
- Here are a college student’s resolutions, written from a professor’s point of view. Number 1? Attend all classes!
- Beliefnet has a list of suggested resolutions for celebrities. Dear Britney: please assess if you and K-Fed are right for each other.
- Here are some resolutions for the gaming industry. No more holiday avalanches, please!
- American Spectator has resolutions for other people. For President-Elect Obama: Don’t alienate the many independent and moderate-to-conservative Democrats. For Governor Palin: Re-introduce yourself re-introduce yourself to independents and moderate Democrats. Is there a theme here?
- Okay, every list has to have a green New Year resolution list. This one is by SEO by the Sea. Yeah, we already know we should use less energy and water, but it’s always good to get a reminder.
I’m sure many of us break our resolutions within a few weeks, but it feels good to set personal goals and strive to be better. My resolutions:
- Eat more lean protein.
- Get back on the treadmill.
- Do one cultural thing each month(okay, maybe every quarter) with my family.
- Make date night with Maki happen more often.
- Get CJ into the right school.
- Start playing the piano again.
Happy New Year!
One reply on “New Year Resolutions From Around the World”
We created a web tool for people to write down and keep track of their resolutions. They range from losing weight to “beatin Carl at tennis” . A fun read http://www.pledgehammer.com/pledges/