by Joanna Pineda Posted on March 13, 2013
The American Counseling Association (ACA) is a not-for-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession.
As the world’s largest association exclusively representing professional counselors, ACA needed to redesign its website to support the demanding needs of counselors who serve in various practice settings worldwide.
Matrix Group worked with ACA to completely revamp its website. Based on extensive interviews with counselors, ACA leadership and staff (part of our user-centered design process), Matrix Group updated the navigation, created a new design that reflected the association’s brand, implemented the website into a content management system and integrated it with ACA’s technology partners.
The new ACA site:
- Features dynamic topic pages in the Knowledge Center.
- Achieved single sign-on (SSO) between the Sitefinity CMS, the iMIS association management software, Wiley Publishing and Higher Logic‘s community platform.
- Features a new MyACA section that gives counselors a snapshot of their profiles and makes recommendations for things to do and purchase.
- Is now mobile-friendly. Counseling.org is responsive to users’ devices, whether it’s a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer.
- Features a tutorial that introduces visitors to the site and teaches them how to use the site to get the most out of their membership.
Check out the new ACA website at www.counseling.org
The End of Expertise and How Associations Must Adapt Posted on February 23, 2024
“Trust in companies from global companies is in decline, worry over societal threats and establishment leaders misleading us is growing, while peers are as trusted as scientists for information on new innovations.” – 2024 Edelman Trust Barometer A couple of weeks ago, I facilitated a discussion through UST Education about trust and associations with Melanie Gottlieb, CEO of the American Association...
6 Tips for Successful AMS Onboarding for New Staff Posted on February 12, 2024
When welcoming a new staff member into your organization, the onboarding process plays a pivotal role in shaping their future at your association. It's not just about acquainting them with the organization, their colleagues, or the physical workspace; it's also crucial to empower them with the tools and knowledge they need to thrive. And your Association Management System (AMS) is one...
Google and Yahoo’s 2024 Email Policy Updates: What You Need to Know Posted on January 18, 2024
2024 is shaping up to be THE year of safer email, starting with big email authentication policy updates from Google and Yahoo, which will take effect on February 1st, 2024. These policy changes will impact what email Google and Yahoo will accept and deliver to their users’ inboxes, in an effort to decrease spam and spoofing. These changes primarily affect bulk...