How do you support your members when they’re busy serving students during a pandemic? How do you navigate the tightly regulated, political environment that your members operate in and advocate for more funds for school meals?
In this episode of Associations Thrive, host Joanna Pineda interviews Patricia Montague, Chief Executive Officer, School Nutrition Association (SNA). Patti introduces the SNA, shares how she came to be CEO of the SNA, and then shares what SNA is doing to serve members, increase membership and advocate for nutritious meals for students.
- The research that shows when students gets nutritious breakfasts and lunches, their academic outcomes improve.
- Her journey at SNA, including all the positions she’s held, and the transition from COO to CEO.
- How SNA members navigated the pandemic by quickly doing whatever was needed to keep students fed.
- SNA’s advocacy efforts, including their position that every student deserves a nutritious breakfast and lunch, much like every student gets textbooks and a laptop.
- How SNA’s membership declined during the pandemic, but it’s on the rise dramatically as the pandemic has eased and SNA has adjusted its programs and services.
About Patricia Montague
About School Nutrition Association
The School Nutrition Association (SNA) is a national, nonprofit professional organization representing 50,000 members who provide high-quality, low-cost meals to students across the country. Recognized as the authority on school nutrition, SNA has been advancing the availability, quality and acceptance of school nutrition programs as an integral part of education since 1946.
About Associations Thrive
Associations Thrive podcast is hosted by Joanna Pineda, CEO & Chief Troublemaker at Matrix Group International. Joanna’s personal mission and the mission of Matrix Group is to help associations and nonprofits increase membership, generate revenue and thrive in the digital space.
We believe that every association has a unique mission and unique story that demonstrates how they’re serving their members, impacting their industry, and ultimately changing the world. Every guest is an association Chief Executive, Executive Director or President. We’re here to help amplify their stories so all associations can learn and thrive, together.
If you and your organization have a great story, apply to be on Associations Thrive!