Matrix Group partnered with the Washington Animal Rescue League to launch a redesigned Web site, www.warl.org. In order to help animals in need, the League relies on support from the local community – The goal of the redesign was to help the League expand its support network within the Washington D.C. metro area, increase animal adoptions and program funding, highlight its innovative new shelter facilities and continue to create community awareness about proper animal care.
- Developed a clean, updated site design, showcasing the shelter’s new facilities, and the many animals the League helps. The site’s design also motivates visitors to take action: adopt a pet, make a donation, and volunteer.
- Created a simple, user-focused navigation and searchable site layout, so visitors can easily find information on adoption fairs and special events, veterinary services, and how they can support the respected animal shelter.
- Implemented a user-friendly CMS (Expression Engine) so League staff can easily update the Web site. Where previously, changes to the site were difficult and time-consuming to make, the staff can now update the entire site easily and immediately.
- Incorporated the existing animal search database into the redesign, so site visitors can find their ideal companion by filtering pets available for adoption by animal type, age, size or find a pet by name.
- Integrated social networking sites Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and YouTube and provided League staff with best practices on how to incorporate social networking into its marketing, communications and fund-raising efforts.