by Joanna Pineda Posted on January 15, 2014
MyFreeTaxes.com, is an initiative of Goodwill Industries International, Inc., National Disability Institute, United Way Worldwide and sponsored by the Walmart Foundation. MyFreeTaxes.com has been in operation for six years. It provides easy, safe, secure – and most importantly, free – state and federal tax preparation and filing assistance for those with lower incomes who cannot afford paid tax preparation services. The tax filing software is powered by H&R Block.
In order to keep the website up-to-date for this year’s group of filers, Goodwill and its partners collaborated with Matrix Group to update its current site and bring it into accessibility compliance.
- Upgraded the existing site to the latest version of WordPress, a popular content management system.
- Refreshed the home page design and navigation, including blogs and testimonials.
- Updated the site to be both responsive and compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Developed the EITC Calculator wizard for people to find out immediately if they qualify for the free tax preparation services.
- Migrated the vanity url program from ColdFusion to WordPress, allowing all the custom information to be stored in one database.
Learn more about MyFreeTaxes.com.
When Do Your Customer Journeys Actually Begin? Posted on August 24, 2023
I have two friends who have walked the Camino del Santiago. The friends are Peter Schwartz, who is my business coach, and Gordon Bernhardt, a member of my CEO peer group. Both of them did the French route, which takes you from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. It's a 500-mile journey that you do on foot over...
Verifiable Credentials: New Technology for Association Membership? Posted on August 17, 2023
Our online identities are, unfortunately, not in our control. The internet was created for communication between computers, but our presence as individuals on the internet is less formally defined. We create online accounts and over time we may forget they exist, if we haven’t already forgotten our passwords. Technology advocates argue that we need an identity layer for the internet. We...
Leadership Lessons from the Martial Arts Posted on June 20, 2023
Google for leadership lessons from the martial arts and you’ll get a jillion posts. Most of them focus on skills you’ll develop from practicing the martial arts. Skills like focus, discipline, respect, confidence, flexibility, etc. I recently did a webinar for UST Education on just this topic BUT my leadership lessons are ones I learned from my master, Master Seung Hum...