by Joanna Pineda Posted on January 2, 2013
The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) is the world’s largest international association for facility management professionals, representing more than 20,000 worldwide. IFMA’s mission is to “advance the facility management profession by providing exceptional services, products, resources and opportunities” for its members by conducting research, offering continuing education and certification opportunities and working to advance the facilities management profession.
IFMA sought to transform their fragmented online presence into a seamless website in order to meet the organization’s strategic goals and provide members a vastly improved user experience.
To reach their goals, IFMA teamed up with Matrix Group. We:
- Developed a new taxonomy designed to connect all the audiences with IFMA’s vast collection resources, products and services.
- Created a navigation strategy focused on simplifying the browsing experience for members and visitors.
- Designed pages that demonstrate IFMA’s position as the largest association for facility managers worldwide.
- Unified the login process and single sign-on with iMIS, allowing members accustomed to using several different IFMA-affiliated sites to sign in using a single accounts.
- Deployed responsive design templates to support a variety of devices in anticipation of members’ use of mobile phones and tablets to access the site.
Visit the IFMA Website
When Do Your Customer Journeys Actually Begin? Posted on August 24, 2023
I have two friends who have walked the Camino del Santiago. The friends are Peter Schwartz, who is my business coach, and Gordon Bernhardt, a member of my CEO peer group. Both of them did the French route, which takes you from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. It's a 500-mile journey that you do on foot over...
Verifiable Credentials: New Technology for Association Membership? Posted on August 17, 2023
Our online identities are, unfortunately, not in our control. The internet was created for communication between computers, but our presence as individuals on the internet is less formally defined. We create online accounts and over time we may forget they exist, if we haven’t already forgotten our passwords. Technology advocates argue that we need an identity layer for the internet. We...
Leadership Lessons from the Martial Arts Posted on June 20, 2023
Google for leadership lessons from the martial arts and you’ll get a jillion posts. Most of them focus on skills you’ll develop from practicing the martial arts. Skills like focus, discipline, respect, confidence, flexibility, etc. I recently did a webinar for UST Education on just this topic BUT my leadership lessons are ones I learned from my master, Master Seung Hum...