The Food Marketing Institute (FMI) is an international trade association for the food retail industry representing an international network of food retailers and wholesalers—everything from multi-million dollar supermarket chains to small mom and pop shops.
As the mood marketing industry is rapidly changing, FMI decided to engage in a re-branding effort, re-emerging as the “voice for the food retail industry.” As part of the re-branding, FMI needed to redesign its website to better communicate its position and serve its members. FMI also knew that this was the perfect opportunity to implement a mobile strategy by making its website accessible on all types of devices.
FMI teamed up with its longtime partner Matrix Group to redesign the website. We:
- Identified users for the website and developed personas to guide the development of the entire project. We then took the target audiences and combined them with a thorough navigation based on industry topics.
- Implemented website in the Sitefinity content management system for its robust functionality and ability to support member and non-member access.
- Implemented the site to be responsive. Responsive design is the latest web standard that automatically adapts to the user’s device. With an understanding that the world is going mobile, FMI wanted to ensure that its newly redesigned website would be accessible on mobile devices.
- Created a new website that reflects the new brand and the organization’s reach.
- Increased the integration with the website and MatrixMaxx, Matrix Group’s web-based association management software.
- Integrated FMI’s social networking pages into the website as a way to connect and engage its members.