Pulmonary Hypertension Association Honored with APEX Award for PHAssociation.org
August 6, 2010
The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) received an APEX Award in the “Most Improved Web and Intranet Sites” and “Most Improved Newsletter” categories for its website, PHAssociation.org, and quarterly newsletter, “Pathlight.”
As an organization whose mission is to “find ways to prevent and cure the disease, and to provide hope for the pulmonary hypertension community through support, education, advocacy and awareness,” PHA wanted to redesign its website to:
- Increase fundraising through the website
- Make it easy for visitors to find the information they need
- Communicate its mission more effectively online
- Increase engagement among its audiences to encourage donations, participation in events and advocacy
- Make the Web Section 508-compliant and accessible to visitors with disabilities
PHA collaborated with Matrix Group International, Inc. a leading interactive agency in the Washington D.C. area, on the redesign of its website. Using its “user-focused” approach with the organization’s mission and users in mind, Matrix Group developed personas for the association’s most important audiences in mind.
Armed with the expertise and knowledge, Matrix Group:
- Created a user-focused navigation that clearly speaks to its audiences and guides them to the appropriate sections on the website
- Created a beautiful design that strongly conveys the association’s mission and brand
- Collaborated with PHA staff on a rework of the site’s content to ensure each page’s key messages and calls to action are clearly defined
The launch of the website has enhanced the association’s brand online, served the needs of its visitors, and served as its primary communications and fundraising vehicle.
APEX is the Annual Awards for Publication Excellence Competition. It is open to communicators in corporate, nonprofit and independent settings.
Entries are judged based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content and the success of the entry in achieving overall communications effectiveness and excellence.
View the award-winning website at www.phassociation.org