by Joanna Pineda Posted on January 15, 2014
MyFreeTaxes.com, is an initiative of Goodwill Industries International, Inc., National Disability Institute, United Way Worldwide and sponsored by the Walmart Foundation. MyFreeTaxes.com has been in operation for six years. It provides easy, safe, secure – and most importantly, free – state and federal tax preparation and filing assistance for those with lower incomes who cannot afford paid tax preparation services. The tax filing software is powered by H&R Block.
In order to keep the website up-to-date for this year’s group of filers, Goodwill and its partners collaborated with Matrix Group to update its current site and bring it into accessibility compliance.
- Upgraded the existing site to the latest version of WordPress, a popular content management system.
- Refreshed the home page design and navigation, including blogs and testimonials.
- Updated the site to be both responsive and compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Developed the EITC Calculator wizard for people to find out immediately if they qualify for the free tax preparation services.
- Migrated the vanity url program from ColdFusion to WordPress, allowing all the custom information to be stored in one database.
Learn more about MyFreeTaxes.com.
Why Every CEO Needs a Great Microphone Posted on January 24, 2023
Now that I have a weekly podcast (Associations Thrive, available on all the major podcast networks), I interview CEOs, Executive Directors, and Presidents every single week. And you know what I’ve realized? Some chief execs have a great microphone or headset with a great microphone, and many do not. For the purposes of my podcast, I want the chief execs to...
What Do Successful Associations Have in Common? What We’re Learning from the Associations Thrive Podcast Posted on January 4, 2023
In case you missed it, Matrix Group now has a podcast. It’s called Associations Thrive! Each week, I interview association and nonprofit CEOs, Presidents and Executive Directors about the things their organization is doing to increase membership, generate revenue, and ultimately thrive. Associations Thrive came out of a marketing planning meeting I held with my team at the beginning of Summer...
5 Great Gift Ideas for the Techies in Your Life Posted on December 19, 2022
Struggling to find the perfect gift for the techies in your life? With technology continuing to evolve at a breakneck speed and the fact that techies can be so particular (we can say this because we know: we are them!), it can be tough to know what gift to give that will be a joy and delight, and not outdated. To...