MyFreeTaxes.com, is an initiative of Goodwill Industries International, Inc., National Disability Institute, United Way Worldwide and sponsored by the Walmart Foundation. MyFreeTaxes.com has been in operation for six years. It provides easy, safe, secure – and most importantly, free – state and federal tax preparation and filing assistance for those with lower incomes who cannot afford paid tax preparation services. The tax filing software is powered by H&R Block.
In order to keep the website up-to-date for this year’s group of filers, Goodwill and its partners collaborated with Matrix Group to update its current site and bring it into accessibility compliance.
- Upgraded the existing site to the latest version of WordPress, a popular content management system.
- Refreshed the home page design and navigation, including blogs and testimonials.
- Updated the site to be both responsive and compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Developed the EITC Calculator wizard for people to find out immediately if they qualify for the free tax preparation services.
- Migrated the vanity url program from ColdFusion to WordPress, allowing all the custom information to be stored in one database.
Learn more about MyFreeTaxes.com.