International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers Union is a trade association representing 120,000 members in North America. The union dates back to the 1890s, and prides itself on the contributions its members have made to the continent’s infrastructure over the centuries. Members have helped construct bridges and buildings that are now considered national icons. These include: the Golden Gate Bridge, Sears Tower, the St. Louis Arch, the World Trade Center and now Freedom Tower.
Matrix Group collaborated with the Trade Association a website redesign that showcased ironworking as an invaluable profession to both its members and those interested in becoming ironwokers, as well as demonstrated the strength and impact the industry makes on building our country.
- Developed a robust taxonomy and wireframesby indentifying site’s visitors and their anticipated behaviors through user personas.
- Crafted an inspiring design based on the craftsmanship and skill of ironworking.
- Implemented the website in the Sitefinity content management system.
- Created an officers’ login for members to allow memberssearch for district council members, individual members, etc in an online database. They also had access to a number of resources and tools to help them hone their skills and knowledge.
- Integrated the association’s social media into the website. Matrix Group plugged in the association’s Facebook and Twitter updates, as well as YouTube for member recruitment and retention.