by Joanna Pineda Posted on March 15, 2013
The American Counseling Association (ACA) is a not-for-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession. Founded in 1952, ACA is the world’s largest association exclusively representing professional counselors in various practice settings.
ACA needed to redesign its website to support the demanding needs of counselors who serve in various practice settings worldwide. Members told ACA they wanted:
- A more robust search to find things quickly
- An easier way to complete tasks, e.g., renewing memberships, registering for courses and conferences, etc.
- Easily accessible resources to help counselors with their daily work and career advancement
- A website that explains who counselors are, how they help clients, and why they fill an important need in our communities
To help ACA reach their goals, Matrix Group:
- Created dynamic topic pages in the Knowledge Center.
- Achieved single sign-on (SSO) between the Sitefinity CMS, the iMIS association management software, Wiley Publishing and Higher Logic’s community platform.
- Made the website mobile-friendly through responsive design
- Created a tutorial that introduces visitors to the site and teaches them how to use the site to get the most out of their membership.
Visit the ACA website.
What is the Best Content Management System For an Association Website? Posted on March 8, 2023
We get a lot of RFP (Requests for Proposals) for association and nonprofit website redesigns. Often, one focus of the RFP is the technology that will power the new website. These RFPs have giant lists of requirements related to how content will be authored, formatted and published. We often get asked this question: What is the best content management system (CMS)...
Does Your Organization Need a Podcast? Posted on February 22, 2023
I love podcasts! I listen to at least one podcast every single day. And yes, I’m a podcaster. I have two podcasts: Associations Thrive is a podcast celebrating successful associations and their leaders and K Drama Chat is a podcast where my co-hosts and I take one Korean Drama (K Drama) each season and recap and analyze each episode. So, does...
Why Every CEO Needs a Great Microphone Posted on January 24, 2023
Now that I have a weekly podcast (Associations Thrive, available on all the major podcast networks), I interview CEOs, Executive Directors, and Presidents every single week. And you know what I’ve realized? Some chief execs have a great microphone or headset with a great microphone, and many do not. For the purposes of my podcast, I want the chief execs to...