The American Counseling Association (ACA) is a not-for-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession. Founded in 1952, ACA is the world’s largest association exclusively representing professional counselors in various practice settings.
ACA needed to redesign its website to support the demanding needs of counselors who serve in various practice settings worldwide. Members told ACA they wanted:
- A more robust search to find things quickly
- An easier way to complete tasks, e.g., renewing memberships, registering for courses and conferences, etc.
- Easily accessible resources to help counselors with their daily work and career advancement
- A website that explains who counselors are, how they help clients, and why they fill an important need in our communities
To help ACA reach their goals, Matrix Group:
- Created dynamic topic pages in the Knowledge Center.
- Achieved single sign-on (SSO) between the Sitefinity CMS, the iMIS association management software, Wiley Publishing and Higher Logic’s community platform.
- Made the website mobile-friendly through responsive design
- Created a tutorial that introduces visitors to the site and teaches them how to use the site to get the most out of their membership.