The American Counseling Association (ACA) is a not-for-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession.
As the world’s largest association exclusively representing professional counselors, ACA needed to redesign its website to support the demanding needs of counselors who serve in various practice settings worldwide.
Matrix Group worked with ACA to completely revamp its website. Based on extensive interviews with counselors, ACA leadership and staff (part of our user-centered design process), Matrix Group updated the navigation, created a new design that reflected the association’s brand, implemented the website into a content management system and integrated it with ACA’s technology partners.
The new ACA site:
- Features dynamic topic pages in the Knowledge Center.
- Achieved single sign-on (SSO) between the Sitefinity CMS, the iMIS association management software, Wiley Publishing and Higher Logic‘s community platform.
- Features a new MyACA section that gives counselors a snapshot of their profiles and makes recommendations for things to do and purchase.
- Is now mobile-friendly. Counseling.org is responsive to users’ devices, whether it’s a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer.
- Features a tutorial that introduces visitors to the site and teaches them how to use the site to get the most out of their membership.
Check out the new ACA website at www.counseling.org