- Every time I get together with friends, someone says, “I have a friend who just got laid off. S/he is terrific, can you help?”
- A buddy who runs a medium-sized government contracting firm was asked by a government agency to submit a letter from their bank saying they were in good financial standing; this, despite a history of working together that spans many, many years.
- Every single candidate we interviewed for a recent Network Administrator position had recently been laid off.
- While shopping at Harris Teeter this morning, the guy at the deli counter said, “It’s been really slow. I hope it gets busy soon. We need the customers.”
- Several holiday cards from friends who run businesses say they are bracing for a tough 2009.
- While looking at office space for a potential move, we’ve seen downward movement in prices, despite Old Town supposedly being a very strong market.
- After reviewing proposals, many clients are saying, “This is great, but can we scale back the scope or phase out the work over two years?”
Sign ‘o the times, I guess. I count my blessings every day. I hope you and your loves ones are safe, warm and joyous during this holiday season. Happy Holidays and here’s to a better 2009 and a market recovery.