That’s how many logos are listed in the largest directory of Web 2.0 applications and services http://www.go2web20.net/ as of today, June 27, 2008. I want to thank Ani Matson from the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) for alerting me to this site.
Some of the Web 2.0 applications I like:
- Bubbles – http://bubbleshq.com/ – your social life on your desktop
- ekko TV – http://www.ekko.tv/ – instantly start a video chat with 2 of your friends
- Lunchn – http://www.lunchn.com/about.aspx – where are you going for lunch? (my husband’s favorite)
- Luminotes – https://luminotes.com/ – personal wiki notebook
- FeedTweeter – http://www.feedtweeter.com/ – feeds your RSS items to Twitter with some spice
- Wallowr Air – http://wallowr.com/air.php – aggregates social networking tools into one simple spot
- Lookybook – http://lookybook.com/ – an online page by page previews of children’s books
I am going to go crazy checking out all these sites and applications. How long do you think it will take to check out 2520 sites? That could be a perpetual project, seeing as new applications are sprouting everyday, including apps developed on top of other apps. I don’t know how anybody can keep up!
Orli Yakuel, editor of the popular blog – http://blog.go2web20.net/ – writes about the ever-evolving Web 2.0 industry. You can read her perspective on what’s hot, what’s not, and why.
Be sure to let me know about your favorite Web 2.0 applications. I’d also like to hear about your least favorite ones and why.