Founder, CEO Matrix Group International
Joanna is known for her visionary big-picture thinking and drive for excellence. Combining her broad liberal arts background and passion for technology, she started Matrix Group in 1999, today a leading interactive agency. As a trusted advisor, Joanna inspires and motivates her clients and employees alike to simply, “be better.” Joanna’s mantra: “DO or DO NOT. There is NO TRY!”
Joanna brings over 20 years experience helping associations and non-profits execute their vision by providing strategic advice creating an online presence that enhances brand and customer benefits. She has grown the company organically, with year over year growth in revenue, headcount and customers. Prior to Matrix Group, Joanna was President of Business Information Network, a Web development company. Joanna received her Bachelor’s degree in Int’l Relations from Stanford University and Master’s degree from the School of Advanced Int’l Studies at Johns Hopkins University.
Joanna has a wide range of interests. Her Top 10 List:
- Family – She loves spending time with her family, especially with her sons, CJ and MJ.
- Matrix Group – This Company is her brain child. As the founder and CEO, her intensity and drive for customer success has not waned one bit
- Promoting and supporting professional women in business.
- Martial Arts – What started out as something to do with her older son, turned into a real passion. She is now a first degree black belt in TaeKwonDo and a green belt in HapKiDo (as of October 2017).
- Scouting – Again, what started out as a thing to do with her sons, turned into another true passion. Joanna is Committee Chair and Lion Den Leader for her younger son’s Cub Scout Pack, and a merit badge counselor for her older son’s Boy Scout Troop. She makes the boys wear funny hats during cooking merit badge classes!
- Star Wars – We still go as an office on opening night!
- Travel – Her husband, boys and friends and family go on vacations and family trips to places like Japan, Costa Rica, New Orleans and San Diego.
- Reading – An avid reader, today she reads everything – sci fi, fantasy, mystery, business.
- Visiting museums – She *tries* to get the boys to a cultural site at least a month. Her favorites: the Freer Gallery of Art and the Udvar Hazy Center.
- Sleep – Running at 120 mph from dawn to midnight, being a CEO, mother, wife, volunteer and friend to anyone in need, you learn to appreciate the simple things in life…like Sleep!