Last week, a few members of the staff gathered together to learn about some of the enhancements in Sitefinity 8.1. The one that got many excited about is the new translation module. This will be available in the Enterprise edition.
The translation module will allow you to provide multilingual content to your visitors, members and other constituents.
So, how does it work?
According to Telerik (the makers of Sitefinity), this module can integrate with your third-party translating service, or you can use the CMS’s default, which is integrated with Lionbridge Freeway, a translation management portal (via Clay Tablet). Once you have it set up, and depending on your third-party provider, you can:
- Export content as XLIFF files to your translation agency and import the translated file
- Integrate with a third party’s translation services directly or via its FTP.
In addition, you can also:
- Review the status of translation content in the module
- Manage revisions, errors, etc. along with the third-party agency, and
- Preview content before pushing it live.
Why We Are Pumped About This:
In today’s global market, organizations need to provide multilingual content to their markets in multiple languages.
As Telerik’s Anton Hristov says, “…the Sitefinity translation management solution simplifies the translation management process by eliminating the parts that are tedious, time-consuming, inefficient and prone to human error. “