Matrix Group, a leading digital marketing and consulting agency in the Washington, D.C. area specializing in web design, development, AMS, integration, branding, mobile and e-marketing services, recently launched a redesigned website for Catholic Charities USA.
Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA), a member of Caritas Internationalis, is the national office for the Catholic Charities ministry nationwide. CCUSA’s 167 member agencies provide help and create hope for more than ten million people a year regardless of religious, social, or economic backgrounds. Headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, the organization is committed to providing services to people in need, advocating for justice in social structures, and calling the entire church and other people of good will to do the same. The CCUSA website is a key tool used to advance the organization’s mission, by providing education and resources about the organization’s strategic initiatives, accepting donations, and connecting visitors to local agencies across the country. CCUSA sought to redesign its website and in the process, accomplish these goals:
- Better showcase the organization’s strategic priorities
- Increase donations
- Increase use of CCUSA resources by member agencies
- Update the look and feel of the website to better reflect who the organization is today
- Make it easy for staff to update all aspects of the website
CCUSA chose Matrix Group to reimagine and redevelop its website. We worked hand in hand on a tight deadline to implement a website that supports and complements the work of the organization. The new website features:
- A beautiful, clean, and high impact design that showcases CCUSA’s strategic priorities, and its work and impact in these areas. The new design is light-filled and clearly showcases CCUSA’s Catholic identity.
- Stories about member agencies and the people they serve. The website features stories, submitted by member agencies, about people they have helped in their local communities. These stories are categorized by agency and topic, and cross-linked throughout the website.
- Landing pages for CCUSA Strategic Initiatives. Each initiative has background information, information on why the topic is important to CCUSA, and related stories, news and alerts.
- Redesigned donate page. We worked with Blackbaud to redesign and reskin the CCUSA donate page on the Convio platform.
- A new content management system, WordPress, that is flexible, full-featured, allows staff to easily update all pages, and can grow as the organization’s needs change and expand.
- Seamless integration with CCUSA’s AMS, Blackbaud, including single sign-on, integration of AMS pages throughout the navigation, and consistent look and feel across all CMS and AMS pages.
“The redesigned space is exciting,” said Patricia Cole, CCUSA VP of Communications, “The new format allows us to highlight our ministry through powerful stories of help and hope, and better serve our members with more robust tools and resources.”
Visit the New Catholic Charities Website