Matrix Group, a digital agency in the Washington DC area specializing in web design, development, AMS, integration, branding, mobile, e-marketing, and consulting services, celebrates the launch of a redesigned family of websites for the National Insulation Association (NIA).
The National Insulation Association (NIA) is a not-for-profit trade association that represents merit and union contractors distributors, fabricators, manufacturers, and metal building laminators that provide insulation and related products to commercial, mechanical, and industrial markets in North America. It has been the voice of the insulation industry since 1953 and keeps the industry well informed on the latest trends, tech, and innovations.
NIA’s previous website was based on a custom content management system (CMS) that, while robust when initially launched, left today’s association with limited control over the content. In a time of disruption and ever-faster changes, association leadership knew it was time to modernize. NIA consulted with us to:
- Update the look and feel of the site
- Set association staff up to fully take over content management, and
- Suggest multiple strategies and tools staff can use to showcase the benefits of membership to their target audiences
Matrix Group launched a WordPress multisite implementation, which:
- Allows NIA to launch and manage multiple websites from one central administration hub, particularly useful for NIA’s two big meetings, the Annual Convention and the Fall Summit.
- Accommodates multiple themes that can be used with each individual website, which in turn allows for stylistic variation, as each website demands it.
- Makes use of multiple plugins, like all self-hosted WordPress websites, tailoring the websites’ functionality to specifically support the needs of NIA’s membership.
- Features a new set of templates. The visual structure, typography, and color choices for each website evoke openness and professionalism; the separate element choices all emphasize the breadth and depth of knowledge and resources the association offers its members.
“We are so excited to launch these websites that enhance our industry and connect NIA’s resources with our members and end-users,” said NIA Executive Vice President/CEO Michele M. Jones. “I encourage all our audiences to visit the sites and see how NIA’s tools and information can help improve project and business operations,” she added.
NIA had more to say about the launch, which they debuted during the 2016 Fall Summit, an annual members-only meeting that took place 11/2-3 in Crystal City.
Read the news item