Matrix Group, a digital agency in the Washington DC area specializing in web design, development, AMS, integration, mobile and e-marketing services, announces the launch of a mobile app of the NECA Book, the premiere publication of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA).
Knowing that web users are spending more time browsing on their phones – and that a huge amount of that time is spent in apps – NECA saw an opportunity to serve its members in a new way. As a result, the NECA Book app is the fourth mobile app we have launched in partnership with NECA.
For years, NECA has depended on a printed directory, The NECA Book, to provide members and chapters with a nationwide listing of all member contractors, chapters and valuable industry-related information. The app version modernizes the publication and puts a dynamic, powerful application into the hands of both members and the public. Members no longer need to wait for the annual publication of the NECA Book; the app gives them instant access to the updated member directory.
Anyone can download the app and:
- Locate and contact chapter, regional, and national offices
- View NECA’s national standing committees
- Curate a list of favorites within the app and add individuals to your device’s contact list
NECA members, chapters and staff maintain the exclusive right to search the member directory; the app requires them to use their existing log-in for access.
- Developed the app in the open-source Ionic software development kit
- Crafted a clean, bright design to make navigating the app simple and intuitive
- Integrated with another NECA third-party vendor to support the members-only search function
Adrianne Gracias, NECA online communications manager, notes that “This app, though it does not replace the printed publication, is yet another peg in NECA’s ever-growing digital journey. We are very happy with how the NECA Book turned out; it’s functional, easy to use and provides our members with a practical way to connect with their peers while in the field.“
Get the app today, in:
The App Store