Matrix Group, a web design, development and e-marketing agency in the Washington DC area, announces the launch of MyFreeTaxes.com, an initiative of Goodwill Industries International, Inc.,National Disability Institute, United Way Worldwideand sponsored by the Walmart Foundation. MyFreeTaxes.com has been in operation for six years. It provides easy, safe, secure - and most importantly, free - state and federal tax preparation and filing assistance for those with lower incomes who cannot afford paid tax preparation services. The tax filing software is powered by H&R Block.
In order to keep the website up-to-date for this year's group of filers, Goodwill and its partners collaborated with Matrix Group to update its current site and bring it into accessibility compliance.
- Upgraded the existing site to the latest version of WordPress, a popular content management system.This allowed the client to retain functionality and the ability to easily and quickly manage the content on the site.
- Refreshed the home page design and navigation, including blogs and testimonials. All the updates work together to connect and engage with the target audience, making the prospect of filing their taxes in an easy manner at no cost extremely inviting.
- Updated the site to be both responsive and compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. The site now delivers content dynamically based on the device and screen resolution. It is also easy for individuals with visual and auditory difficulties to use the site with greater ease.
- Developed the EITC Calculator wizard for people to find out immediately if they qualify for the free tax preparation services.
- Migrated the vanity url program from ColdFusion to Wordpress, allowing all the custom information to be stored in one database.
"When we first came to Matrix with our project, we had legitimate concerns about the scope and sharp timelines involved. Matrix jumped right in and assisted the entire MyFreeTaxes partnership with plans that allowed us to meet our immediate and longer-term objectives. We are now in a strong position to meet the ambitious goals of the program while expanding the reach of this valuable service for individual tax filers and their families." — Adam Stiska, GII Director of Mobile and Digital Strategies
Learn more about MyFreeTaxes.com.