Matrix Group, a leading web design and development agency in the Washington DC area, announces the launch of a redesigned website for the American Counseling Association (ACA).
ACA is a not-for-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession.
As the world's largest association exclusively representing professional counselors, ACA needed to redesign its website to support the demanding needs of counselors who serve in various practice settings worldwide. Members told ACA they wanted:
- A more robust search to find things quickly
- An easier way to complete tasks, e.g., renewing memberships, registering for courses and conferences, etc.
- Easily accessible resources to help counselors with their daily work and career advancement
- A website that explains who counselors are, how they help clients, and why they fill an important need in our communities
THE NEW COUNSELING.ORG:
Matrix Group worked with ACA to completely revamp its website. Based on extensive interviews with counselors, ACA leadership and staff (part of our user-centered design process), Matrix Group updated the navigation, created a new design that reflected the association’s brand, implemented the website into a content management system and integrated it with ACA's technology partners. The new ACA site:
- Features dynamic topic pages in the Knowledge Center. The center showcases everything that ACA has to offer on a specific topic, including news, publications, upcoming webinars, resources, and public policy information.
- Achieved single sign-on (SSO) between the Sitefinity CMS, the iMIS association management software, Wiley Publishing and Higher Logic's community platform. Members can now login once and access all of ACA's online resources.
- Features a new MyACA section that gives counselors a snapshot of their profiles and makes recommendations for things to do and purchase. Counselors can also see their membership expiration date, branches and divisions, event registrations, purchase history and CE credits.
- Is now mobile-friendly. Counseling.org is responsive to users' devices, whether it's a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer. Members can now easily access information and resources from anywhere!
- Features a tutorial that introduces visitors to the site and teaches them how to use the site to get the most out of their membership.
As part of the launch of the website, Matrix Group produced a video on the website redesign, walking counselors through the entire design process and highlighting some of the new features. Watch the video.
“The Matrix Group did a great job helping us design and build a website that is intuitive, interactive, and intelligent,” said Deb Barnes, American Counseling Association’s CFO.
Check out the new ACA website at www.counseling.org