Matrix Group, a leading web design and development agency in the Washington D.C. area, announces the launch of a new accreditation portal for The Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT).
Founded in 1996, FACT establishes standards for high quality medical and laboratory practice in cellular therapies. A nonprofit corporation co-founded by the International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT) and the American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation (ASBMT), the organization promotes quality patient care and laboratory practice in cellular therapies.
For years, FACT’s accreditation process was done entirely manually. Hospitals, laboratories, clinics and other medical facilities submitted evidence via paper to show compliance to the international standards. The evidence was then reviewed by a FACT inspector on site. This process required a significant amount of staff time and inspector time.
To help reduce the amount of required staff time and make the accreditation process more manageable for all those involved, FACT wanted to streamline the process by:
- Allowing labs, hospitals and other medical facilities seeking accreditation or re-accreditation to submit their evidence online
- Assigning inspectors to specific applications
- Recording inspectors’ findings digitally
THE MATRIX GROUP SOLUTION
Matrix Group built an accreditation portal that encompasses a great deal of the accreditation life cycle. We implemented a custom software in .NET that integrates with MatrixMaxx, Matrix Group’s association management software. FACT staff can now:
- Manage the FACT Standards online.
- Manage their pool of inspectors and assign inspectors specific applications online. Applicants can also keep their personal information and the organization’s information up to date.
- Collect the required evidence from applicants. Medical facilities, labs, or hospitals seeking accreditation can now upload evidence through the portal. This includes everything from operation procedures to staff resumes. Applicants can also check their eligibility anytime from anywhere.
- No longer need to conduct evidence reviews on site.
- Can record their findings from their on-site visits and upload them through the system.
The accreditation portal has transformed and streamlined the process by digitizing the information. Also, the new portal allows FACT staff to record decisions, which are added to the database — keeping everything organized and digitized.
Learn more about FACT at www.factwebsite.org