Matrix Group, one of the top interactive agencies in the Washington D.C. metro area, is pleased to announce the launch of a redesigned website for the Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund (SMWNPF).
SMWNPF is a multi-employer, defined benefit pension fund, serving individuals in the sheet metal industry.
The SMWNPF website provides pension fund participants with information about the Fund, plan of benefits, financial information, forms, contact information, and frequently asked questions about the Fund. Perhaps most importantly, the public website serves as a gateway to the secure portal that allows participants to login, check their reported work hours, pension credit information, eligibility for benefits, benefit accruals, which also includes a tool to project the benefit amount at retirement. A separate portal allows employers to enter monthly reports, pay and file reports electronically, schedule payments, and review previously filed reports.
SMWNPF came to Matrix Group with the following goals:
- Improve the overall user experience of the site in terms of branding, usability, functionality and content
- Increase awareness of the funded status
- Create a site that exudes confidence in the fund
- Make the website easier for Fund staff to update
- Reduce call volume by making it easy for users to find Fund information, forms and FAQs easily
THE MATRIX GROUP SOLUTION FOR SMWNPF
Armed with its track record of creating successful websites, background working with organizations in union construction, and experience in building benefits portals, Matrix Group worked closely with SMWNPF staff to design a "user-centered website" that now speaks clearly to SMWNPF's target audiences of employers, retirees, participants, trustees, SMWNPF staff and business managers of local union affiliates. Matrix Group:
- Developed a robust navigation that helps visitors navigate to specific sections based on their needs. Visitors can navigate by audience, topic or most frequently requested information.
- Created a design that is friendly, professional but not slick, accurately echoing the image of the Fund. The design includes prominent calls to action, e.g., Participant Sign in and Employer Sign in.
- Implemented a content management system that allows SMWNPF staff to update the entire site without knowing html skills.
- Supported the launch of the website by developing a postcard and video that showcase the new site.
Mark Patrick, Director of Finance for SMWNPF, stated, "Working with Matrix Group was a true partnership. The final product reflects the collaborative efforts of the staff of Matrix and SMWNPF. We are very pleased with the end product. I was particularly impressed with the overall project management and communication. We met all deadlines and stayed within our budget. Many thanks to Kevin, Alex and the rest of the team for a job well done!"
Visit the redesigned website at www.smwnpf.org