Matrix Group received a Communitas Award for the Washington Animal Rescue League’s redesigned website.
A prominent and beloved organization with a diverse group of audiences to reach, the League needed to redesign its website to better reinforce its mission, remain connected to its target audiences (donors, volunteers, activists, low-income pet owners, adopters, and job seekers); increase animal adoptions and program funding, and create awareness about proper animal care.
An agency passionate about animals, Matrix Group wanted to support the League’s mission. It provided the League with pro bono services to completely revamp the website. Our work included:
- Creating a new design that captures the warmth, dedication, and compassion of the organization toward the animals in need, and especially encourages adoptions.
- Developing a user-friendly, user-centered navigation that highlights the most important calls to action: Adopting, Making a Donation and Volunteering.
- Implementing a new content management system that lets League staff manage the entire website using friendly Web forms.
- Integrating a searchable database of animals available for adoption. Visitors can search for animals by type, personality, age and size.
- Highlighting “animal and medical care” in the navigation to educate visitors and pet owners on the care and feeding of their animals.
- Developing a social media strategy for the League that encompasses Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and an upcoming blog. The various social media pages help the League connect with a wider audience to educate and advocate.
Since the launch of the website, the League has received more than 670 donations and 32,000 visits with a majority of the traffic going to the adoption section.
Communitas Awards seeks to honor those special companies, organizations and individuals that go beyond rhetoric and whose commitment sets them apart from their competition
View the award winning website at www.warl.org
View the list of the winners