Matrix Group International, Inc., one of the top interactive agencies in the Washington D.C. metro area, is pleased to announce the launch of a redesigned Web site for the Washington Animal Rescue League.
As the first animal shelter in Washington, D.C., the League’s mission for nearly a century has been to rescue, rehabilitate, and find homes for animals with nowhere else to go. In addition to providing a temporary shelter for homeless animals, the League commits itself to offering animals and their owners continued support through affordable veterinary care, community outreach programs and education.
In order to help animals in need, the League relies on support from the local community; it receives no funding from federal state, or local governments. With that in mind, the goals of the redesign were to allow the League to:
- Remain connected with its target audiences
- Expand its support network within the Washington D.C. metro area
- Increase animal adoptions and program funding
- Create community awareness about proper animal care
In addition, it was important for the redesign to reflect the shelter’s unique and innovative facilities – built to provide recovering animals with a healthier, stress-free environment and the best of care while they look for new homes.
The Matrix Group Solution for WARL
After a series of interviews to understand WARL's goals for the Web site and identify the Web site's top audiences, Matrix Group:
- Developed a clean, updated site design. The design showcases the shelter’s new facilities, and the many animals the League helps. The site’s design also motivates visitors to take action: adopt a pet, make a donation, and volunteer.
- Created a simple, user-focused navigation and searchable site layout, so visitors can easily find information on adoption fairs and special events, veterinary services, and how they can support the respected animal shelter.
- Implemented a user-friendly CMS (Expression Engine) so League staff can easily update the Web site. Where previously, changes to the site were difficult and time-consuming to make, the staff can now update the entire site easily and immediately.
- Incorporated the existing animal search database into the redesign, so site visitors can find their ideal companion by filtering pets available for adoption by animal type, age, size or find a pet by name.
- Integrated social networking sites Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and YouTube and provided League staff with best practices on how to incorporate social networking into its marketing, communications and fund-raising efforts.
Matrix Group provides hosting and ongoing support for the now-live Web site and animal search database.
A huge THANK YOU to all of our good and talented friends at Matrix Group International for our amazing new Web site,” says Jim Monsma, Chief Communications Officer at the League. “I mean it when I say that animal rescue never looked this good! Now we have a beautiful and efficient cyber-space to match our progressive and innovative shelter. Ultimately, the animals will be the biggest beneficiaries, so I thank you above all on their behalf. But we humans are absolutely thrilled!
On the new site, the League can showcase its important and effective work through news items, events, animal rescue stories, photos and videos.
Visit the new League Web site and be inspired to adopt a pet or make a donation to support animal rescue and rehabilitation in the DC area!
About The Washington Animal Rescue League
The Washington Animal Rescue League is the oldest animal shelter in the District of Columbia and has a mission to rescue, rehabilitate, and re-home animals who have nowhere else to go. Its facility is painstakingly designed from the animals’ point of view to make it one of the most humane animal shelters in the world. The full-service Medical Center serves the companion animals of low-income area residents, as well as shelter animals. The League is located at 71 Oglethorpe Street, NW, Washington, DC. Visit The Washington Animal Rescue League’s new Web site.