Matrix Group CTO Maki Kato is excited to speak at the American Society of Association Executive's 2020 Technology Exploration Conference (TEC), which is being held virtually on December 7-9, 2020.
Maki's session is on "Unlocking New Member Benefits via Member-Only Access to Cloud Resources"
and will be airing on Wednesday, December 9th from 3:00pm-3:45pm.
The cloud offers unlimited processing power, access to AI, unlimited storage, etc. Some associations are already using the cloud to power public websites and member apps. But if you’re an association intent on demonstrating member value, how do you protect cloud resources to members-only? During this session, Maki Kato will:
- Explain the benefits of cloud computing and demonstrate examples of applications powered by the cloud.
- Illustrate how authentication is currently done, and contrast that with how authentication is done in the cloud. Introduce the concept of ID providers and how they work.
- Introduce authentication mechanisms currently available through AWS (Cognito) and Azure (AD B2C).
- Talk about strategies for implementing cloud authentication with existing AMS systems.
- Explain how the SPAs (single page apps) are beneficial but different from traditional web apps, and why they require cloud authentication.
- Share lots of diagrams and sample code.
Learn More About ASAE 2020 TEC