Planning for an AMS implementation can be a huge undertaking and involve a great many staffers in your organization. Here’s a quick tip that can help you plan ahead.
Once you’ve figured out who’s got the biggest stake in the data (Tip #1[LINK THIS]), now it’s time to choose your implementation team. In all likelihood, representatives from several departments will work together to help manage the implementation.
- Someone with intimate knowledge of your current database
- As with Tip #1, find out who the person is who is the most knowledgeable about your membership data. Who knows the current system best and can answer questions and anticipate issues.
- Someone with a clear understanding of operations
- Find someone who knows the business processes and operations forwards and backwards and understands the smallest details, as well as the big picture.
- Someone who understands the culture of your association and its relationships
- Who’s the person who knows the unwritten rules of the associations culture and relationship with members?
- Someone with upper level management authority
- Finally, a key implementation team member needs to have the authority to make decisions, answer questions from the vendor(s) and have approval over the various steps of the process.