Keeping the data in your AMS clean is critical when it comes to managing your association. A badly managed AMS can impact your association’s ROI on marketing initiatives, fundraising activities and more!
When it comes to keeping the data in your AMS clean, you need to have:
- Good data entry process in place
- Standards in place on how to format your data, including rules for fields, titles and other additional content buckets
- Conduct data checks to ensure that member records are current and that there aren’t duplications
- Provide staff with training on a regular basis
Here are some tips to help you keep your data clean:
- Make sure you have all the information you need to create new record. You want to try to avoid putting in records with missing details, such as title, organization and member type.
- Merge duplicate records to avoid having unnecessary ones.
- Ask members to update their profiles on a regular basis. Contact members via phone or email, asking them if their information is up-to-date.
- Use your search and query tools to find missing data in your records.
- Make time! Commit at least 1 hour a week to running reports, staff training and data clean up.
What processes do you have in place at your association to ensure your data is clean?