Matrix Group is looking for a Front-End Developer (FED) who loves WordPress and is interested in helping some of the most important association and nonprofit brands in the country achieve their missions.
Front-End Developers are pretty darn important around here. FEDs connect design, platform, content and custom development to create the best user experience possible.
One week, you might be working on an educational site for a nonprofit. Another week, a magazine site for a trade association. Or a centennial convention site for a professional society.
Matrix Group works with a variety of CMS platforms and WordPress happens to be one of them. We like WordPress because it's flexible, user-friendly, extensible, mobile-friendly, and social-friendly. It also generates clean code, has a wonderful community of developers, and is simply great to work with.
As a WordPress Wizard, you will:
- Build custom/child WordPress themes from scratch
- Create custom plug-ins, applications and scripts that customize your client's site and play well with WordPress
- Create beautiful Apps using the Ionic Platform
- Run speed and CSS tests to make sure the code is clean, accessible, and efficient
- Ultimately, build and launch great websites
You'll be successful in this job if:
- You are curious. About WordPress. About other platforms. Where CSS and HTML are going. Your clients and what makes them tick. Everything, really.
- You have a good design eye to "balance" the site.
- You genuinely try to put yourself in your user's shoes and try to create the best user experience possible, even when it means making the Print button nice and big.
- You can handle working on several projects, not at once, but in any given day, week or month.
- You want to work in a team, work collaboratively with other FEDs, as well as designers, developers, project managers and testers.
- You have some scripting background.
- You are organized and love a fast-paced environment
- You are curious about other platforms and framework since we're always adding to our toolkit. For example, we do work in Sitefinity and we're doing lots of mobile app work in Ionic.
You must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Come join an amazing, collaborative, drama-free environment! Matrix Group is a leading digital marketing strategy firm in the DC area. We help our clients increase membership, retain members through compelling web and mobile offerings, reach new customers, and streamline their back office operations.
Learn more about Matrix Group: