Build amazing applications and websites!
Whatever your preferred title (Application developer, Web programmer, Software Engineer), we're looking for .NET gurus to join the Matrix Group team!
Here's how it works:
- Most of our work is building websites for associations and non-profits that want to make the world a better place.
- We work to understand our clients' goals, then build amazing websites and e-marketing programs to help them achieve those goals.
- As a DEV, you'll get assigned to a team; each team, btw, is named after a movie coz we're a bunch of super heroes over here.
- In any given week or month, you'll work on a couple of big projects and a bunch of small projects.
- You'll be lead DEV for your own clients (each client is supported by a team) and back-up DEV for others (so we have coverage when staff go on vacation; it's only fair!).
- Nearly every project has some type of integration with a back office system, like an association management system (AMS) or customer relationship management system (CRM).
- Nearly every project has custom .NET programming. For example, you might build a custom store, accreditation application or insurance application.
What's cool about being a DEV for Matrix Group?
- We do great work for great organizations, clients like Meals on Wheels America, the Nuclear Threat Initiative and the Food Industry Association (FMI).
- Every team member gets the tools and training they need to do a great job. Want 3 monitors? Interested in some Sitefinity training? Want to learn more about Angular JS? Yup, you'll get all that, and more.
- Each team has a daily stand-up to discuss priorities for the day. Our intranet helps you keep track of your tasks and deadlines.
- DEVs work side by side with Front-End Developers who do the layouts and CSS, so you can focus on the back-end work, the database, the SQL queries, and so on. Of course, if you love doing the front-end work, go for it (and we have a few who do!).
- DEVs get together twice a month to discuss projects, lessons learned, brainstorm solutions to stuck projects, and dream up ways to code better.
- You get to see firsthand how your work makes the world a better place. You'll be involved in the kickoff meetings, presentations and wrap-up meetings.
- The Project Managers and the IT team are dedicated to helping the DEVs, FEDs and designers do a great job. YOU are their clients!
You will be successful in this position if:
- You have previously worked at an interactive agency and think it's the best because of the pace and the diversity of projects and technologies & have 2-3 years experience
- You are proficient with C#, MVC and Visual Studio.
- You have implemented websites using a CMS platform, any will do because the concepts are largely the same.
- You go beyond the specifications by making suggestions for making applications better and flagging sections that don't make sense.
- You believe that code should be elegant and clean, and that coding is a creative act.
Learn more about careers at Matrix Group
Matrix Group is an equal opportunity employer. If you're talented, have great experience and the right attitude, we want you, regardless of your gender, race, ethnicity, color, religion, or sexual preference. You'll join an already wonderfully diverse team and work in a drama-free environment!