Content Management (CMS)
A great Web design is important, but your visitors come to your site looking for content and substance. Keep them coming back by making sure your content is current, fresh and easy to find. Although the site’s appearance remains significant in helping establish professionalism and credibility, the information and other substantive material you provide matter most.
“The content management system developed by Matrix Group is not only easy-to-use, but fun-to-use, and will enable Mount Vernon staff to continue to enhance the content on the site for years to come.”
Ann Bay George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens
CMS – A productivity tool for your organization AND a benefit for your members
People on the Internet operate in “Internet time,” or in other words, fast. They don’t linger over Web pages as they would a newspaper, while drinking a cup of coffee. They expect to find what they want, easily and quickly. A study by Forrester Research showed that what people value most at a Web site is “direct paths to the content I am looking for.”
We provide a robust, Web-based Content Management System designed to improve your staff’s productivity and enhance your users’ experience. The CMS will render the right content on the various pages of your site according to specific publishing rules. It provides the ability to categorize content in context to how your users expect to find information. Our solution is flexible and scaleable to meet your organization’s needs today and the future.
Our CMS has the following capabilities:
- Web-Based Publishing – Allows individuals to create, modify and upload Web content regardless of technical skill. Content can be text, photos, graphics, or video.
- Document Types – You can define document types to categorize and display the right content on various pages of your Web site and to list content relative to how you expect your users to search for them.
- Format Management – Allows documents to be formatted into HTML or Portable Document Format (PDF) for the Web site and provides control and flexibility over the positioning and scheduling of content on a page.
- Revision Control – Provides the capability for content to be updated to a newer version or restored to a previous version. Revision control also tracks any changes made to files by individuals.
- Indexing, Search, and Retrieval – Indexes all content entered in the system so they become searchable using keywords. The query retrieves all relevant and related content quickly and efficiently