- client: The Washington Animal Rescue League
- project: Website Redesign
- url: http://www.warl.org
With the goal of increasing animal adoptions and program funding, highlighting its innovative new shelter facilities and continuing to create community awareness about proper animal care, The Washington Animal Rescue League enlisted our help to expand its support network within the Washington D.C. metro area.
Matrix Group launched a redesigned that:
• Developed a clean, updated site design, showcasing the shelter’s new facilities, and the many animals that WARL helps. The site’s design also motivates visitors to take action: adopt a pet, make a donation, and volunteer.
• Created a simple, user-focused navigation and searchable site layout, so visitors can easily find information on adoption fairs and special events, veterinary services, and how they can support the respected animal shelter.
• Implemented a user-friendly CMS (Expression Engine) so League staff can easily update the Web site. Where previously, changes to the site were difficult and time-consuming to make, the staff can now update the entire site easily and immediately.
• Incorporated the existing animal search database into the redesign, so site visitors can find their ideal companion by filtering pets available for adoption by animal type, age, size or find a pet by name.
• Integrated social networking sites Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and YouTube and provided League staff with best practices on how to incorporate social networking into its marketing, communications and fund-raising efforts.