Matrix Group Launches Redesigned Website for National Association of Episcopal Schools
June 6, 2012
Matrix Group, a leading web design and development agency in the Washington DC area, announces the launch of redesigned website for the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES).
NAES is an independent, voluntary membership organization that supports, serves, and advocates for the vital work and ministry of 1,200 Episcopal schools, early childhood education programs, and school establishment efforts throughout the Episcopal Church.
NAES wanted to redesign its website to enhance the value of its membership, promote the unique character of an Episcopal education among the general public and communicate its new, fresh identity. As part of the website redesign, it wanted to add more functionality to the website, allowing members to:
- Register for events
- Make donations online
- Provide more information about Episcopal school education
- Have access to more online resources
- Participate in thoughtful discussions through its social media channels, as well as through discussion forums
THE MATRIX GROUP SOLUTION:
To help make their vision into a reality, NAES partnered with Matrix Group. We:
- Created a fresh, new design that reflected the association’s re-branding. Matrix Group’s creative director chose fonts and a color palette that communicated the association’s brand online.
- Re-vamped the website’s navigation to address the needs of its users, as well as educate the public on the value of the Episcopal school education. Matrix Group applied its user-focus approach in designing the website’s navigation. We conducted user personas based on the site’s key audiences—school leadership, board trustees, chaplains and parents—then designed a navigation based on their needs.
- Expanded their library to included publications and meetings. Prior to the launch, publications and meetings were housed only in the association management system. Now, based on a thorough tagging system, members can find a vast number of resources based on specific topics. For example, if you select “Episcopal Identity,” you will find information on principals and ideas, FAQ resources, web links, upcoming events and publications.
- Implemented the website in the Sitefinity content management system (CMS), giving NAES the ability to update every portion of their site.
- Expanded integration with the site’s association management software to allow donations. Matrix Group increased integration to now allow members and non members to make online donations.
“We are thrilled with the new design and functionality,” said David J. Schnabel, CAE, communications and events coordinator for NAES. “More importantly, our members and constituents are thrilled with the look, feel, navigation, and services of the new site.”
The new website has received rave reviews from NAES’s staff, board and members.
View the redesigned website at www.episcopalschools.org