Matrix Group Launches Redesigned Website for the Food Marketing Institute
May 16, 2012
Matrix Group, a leading web design and development agency in the Washington DC area, announces the launch of redesigned website for the Food Marketing Institute (FMI).
FMI is an international trade association for the food retail industry representing an international network of food retailers and wholesalers—everything from multi-million dollar supermarket chains to small mom and pop shops.
The redesign of the FMI’s website came at a pivotal time for the organization and the entire food marketing industry as a whole. Food retailing is changing. Some stores are consolidating their product lines while others are expanding. Specialty foods are popping up throughout the nation while warehouses continue to be popular. In addition, non grocery stores are adding foods to their offerings to attract shoppers. With an understanding of how its industry was changing, FMI decided to engage in a re-branding effort to re-evaluate its position, re-emerging as the “voice for the food retail industry.”
As part of the re-branding, FMI needed to redesign its website to better communicate its position and serve its members. FMI also knew that this was the perfect opportunity to implement a mobile strategy by making its website accessible on all types of devices.
THE MATRIX GROUP SOLUTION:
FMI teamed up with its longtime partner Matrix Group to redesign the website. We:
- Identified users for the website and developed personas to guide the development of the entire project. We helped them identify users for their website which are slightly different from the organization’s target audiences. Targeted users include store level managers all the way up to VPs. We then took the target audiences and combined them with a thorough navigation based on industry topics.
- Implemented website in the Sitefinity content management system. FMI and Matrix Group chose Sitefinity for its robust functionality and ability to support member and non-member access.
- Implemented the site to be responsive. Responsive design is the latest web standard that automatically adapts to the user’s device. With an understanding that the world is going mobile, FMI wanted to ensure that its newly redesigned website would be accessible on mobile devices. Matrix Group designed and implemented the site to be responsive, making the site mobile.
- Created a new website that reflects the new brand and the organization’s reach.
- Increased the integration with the website and MatrixMaxx. Matrix Group's web-based association management software. With this redesign, more AMS content is being pulled into the website, and we also extended the single sign on to a new online library through Presto.
- Integrated FMI’s social networking pages into the website. Matrix Group integrated FMI’s social networking pages into the website as a way to connect and engage its members.
The redesigned website is robust, rich with content and functionality that truly speaks to its audiences.
View the redesigned website at www.fmi.org