New Biz Development Manager / Idea Launcher
The New Biz Dev Manager/Idea Launcher is pretty darn important at Matrix Group. Together with the CEO, they bring in the business that powers Matrix Group and keeps everyone working.
Business development at Matrix Group is NOT about cold calling and being the lowest cost bidder. Matrix Group has a terrific reputation in the industry and we do a fantastic job of getting our name out through:
- social media
- direct marketing
- being part of various developer communities
- 2 staff blogs
As a result, great leads come in every week. We target the organizations we want to work with AND have a great system for filtering leads to determine which opportunities are right for us. Most importantly, it’s never about the hard sell. We work hard to understand clients’ and prospects’ needs so that we can craft a solution and proposal that’s tailored to each organization.
Matrix Group International is a leading web design and development agency in the Washington, DC area. We partner with associations, professional societies and nonprofits. Our services include: web design, content management system implementation, e-commerce systems, web based association management software (MatrixMaxx), integration with other AMS systems, mobile app development, e-marketing and social media.
The New Biz Dev Manager leads the business development efforts at Matrix. This individual will be responsible for acquiring new accounts, maintaining existing client relationships, and working closely with the Marketing team to develop incoming leads.
In this position, you will:
- Work directly for the CEO to map out a marketing and sales strategy each year.
- Identify top prospects and develop a cultivation strategy for each organization.
- Respond to RFPs from prospects and clients in a timely manner.
- Define and propose technically sound, web-based solutions, in consultation with the teams.
- Conduct presentations and online demonstrations for prospects and existing clients.
- Write proposals and follow-up communications to prospects and clients.
- Manage the New Biz Coordinator, who coordinates the priority list and drafts proposals.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on webinars, collateral development and client engagement events.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Passion for the Web & the ability to share that passion.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Web technologies, design, e-marketing, and social media. Perhaps you were a Project Manager in the past or you used to develop websites.
- Extensive proposal development experience.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and client interaction experience.
- The ability to function equally well independently or as part of a team.
Bonus points if you:
- Have agency experience.
- Experience managing 1 or 2 staff members.
- Can handle quick turnarounds (when a client calls in the morning and asks for a proposal by this afternoon).
- Understand that sales and marketing are two sides of the same coin and ultimately, it’s all about closing the deal.
If you are looking to be part of a successful sales and marketing team at one of the leading web design and development agencies in the DC area, come join Matrix Group!